05 May 2009

Bicycle Cure-All


On Sunday I went for a bike ride in the best kind of weather: the gray skies of almost-rain that make the whole world explode with color. I had no idea that the little town I live in extends so far to the west of the north-south road I travel everyday. Although at times it felt like I was in Amherst suburbia, there were also old farmhouses, tilled fields, horses, chickens, rabbits.


And the roads were quiet and flat, good for a jaunt. In many ways it felt like riding through a shrunken version of home: town and country all in a few square miles.

Biking cleared the air in my head, let some bugs out. This week still looks like: grading free-for-all seminar paper seminar paper presentation collapse repeat.

2 comments:

  1. That second picture is amazing and my favorite.

    The third one made me go "I want" in my soul. Sun on grass, and me on top.

    But then I saw the chickens and I thought "at least some part of that person must be laying in poop".

    Then I thought of Amanda.

    (Another comment with no purpose except to say "I am listening". 15 days late. Must check way more often.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! I miss you and Amanda like crazy.
    I wish that I could actually take pictures as good as the ones that I find. Also, that I was done with this paper (almost there!).

    ReplyDelete