24 February 2010

80s Party

I've been trying to find an excuse to post this Annie Lennox video, besides the fact that it's just awesome.  Starring Hugh Laurie and John Malkovich in amazing period costume, the video showcases how bizarre and extravagant the early 90s were for pop culture.  Or just how bizarre and extravagant Annie Lennox was.

At any rate, I've slowly been catching up on episodes of House over the past few weeks, since I enjoy finding out what the crotchety medical miracle-worker will say next.  In "Known Unknown," House tags along to a medical conference just for the chance of finally making it with Cuddy.  What do you know, but there's an 80s party at the conference?  House shows up, dressed almost exactly like his fop character from "Walking on Broken Glass."  And I would show you a picture, except NBC has their fists wrapped tightly around copyright.

The only thing is, everyone on the internets seems to have missed this tongue-in-cheek throwback!  Including the L.A. Times and the House wiki.

So, I implore you, watch this Annie Lennox video.  The next time Hugh Laurie doffs a powdered wig, you'll be able to giggle a little harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment