15 November 2010

Readings galore!

Oh boy, it's the end of the semester, and I'm flying by the seat of my pants trying to get everything done.  Which explains why this post is too late to do anyone any good, but here you go:

Went to a fabulous jubilat/Jones reading this past Sunday in Amherst, featuring the phenomenal Ben Lerner, as well as Kimiko Hahn, both of whom were gracious readers.  I got up the nerve to shake Ben Lerner's hand & later apologized for asking for a signed copy of his book (::head desk::).

He's only 31.  The world is unfair.  (I promise I have intelligent commentary about his latest book, Mean Free Path, forthcoming in the next issue of Rain Taxi).



Natalie Lyalin is also reading TOMORROW at 7 PM with poet Michael Earl Craig in the Augusta Savage Gallery, New Africa House, UMass.  I'm excited to meet the woman behind GlitterPony & the author of Pink & Hot Pink Habitat.  Her chapbook from Ugly Duckling Presse, Try A Little Time Travel, also hits the spot.  If you you're in the Valley (& shouldn't you be?), I hope you can come!

No comments:

Post a Comment